Site Updated: 7/31/2020
All customers must bring their own masks.
Here's your chance to come find
the state gemstone of California, Benitoite
For Questions Please Call
Looking to buy a gemstone or specimen?
Check out Items for Sale
- $100 per person
- Kids 12 and younger, $50
_ _ _
- No group discounts
- We accept cash or card on site, we do not accept checks.
Open by reservation only
- We are only accepting reservations for Saturdays.
- We are closed to the public on weekdays.
- On your reserved day we will be open from 9AM to 3PM.
If you have questions, please call: (833) 436-4868
- Stay in the immediate area between the screening field and parking lot.
- Do not go into buildings unless permission is granted.
- No rock hammers.
- No pets.
- For your admission fee you are allowed to take home one quart sized ziplock bag of finds per person.
- If you find something too large for your ziplock bag and would like to purchase it, we will negotiate a price.
- Kids can play freely, please keep them close.
- Screens, shovels, washing tables, and quart sized bags.
- UV blacklight room to look through your material.
- Employees to demonstrate, assist, and identify your finds.
- Clear safety glasses for the blacklight room.
- Your lunches, drinks, and lawn chairs.
- A pop-up shade is recommended for summer, and gloves are recommended for winter.
The Historic Old Road Camp
48242 Los Gatos Rd. Coalinga, CA 93210
1) From the westernmost stoplight in Coalinga, head west on Polk/Jayne Avenue for one mile.
2) Polk/Jayne Avenue will make a large sweeping turn to the right, becoming Derrick Avenue. Follow Derrick Avenue for three miles.
3) Turn left on Los Gatos Road, continue west exactly fifteen miles. Turn in just before the white buffalo on the right-hand side and you're there!
The white buffalo in our parking lot is the best landmark to look for.
A map can be found here.
Be careful if you're planning on traveling in from Highway 25 as the road is not well maintained and has many potholes.
- Best Western located in Coalinga on Jayne Ave.
- Best Western & Harris Ranch located 10 miles East of Coalinga at the junction of I-5 and 198.
- Gas, groceries, and restaurants are available in the town of Coalinga.